On all orders over £80*
Pay in monthly installments
While surfing, you want your kite to be as invisible as possible. Having a kite which can quickly power and depower are the keys to fluid board control. And there is no better feeling than the moment when your kite ‘drifts’ effortlessly down the line as you absolutely tear apart the wave on your surfboard.
This is the Cabrinha Drifter! The world’s most iconic surf kite that innovated the concept of drift stability. A term widely used by other brands but rarely duplicated.
It's ability to easily engage and dis-engage it's power makes wave riding as effortless as it can be. Thanks to a combination of technologies such as the Slackline Drift and the Onshore/Offshore, using the power to pull you into position, and then the option to shut the power off and surf the wave as nature intended has always been what keeps riders coming back to this kite.
- 3 Strut
- Moderate Aspect Ratio Hybrid Design
- Surf/Drift Wing Tip Design
- 2 Bridle Setting Options
- Slackline drift for down-the-line surfing
- Light bar pressure with direct and responsive steering
- Great pop for strapless freestyle tricks
- Onshore and offshore conditions settings
- Fast power and depower response
- Nano Ripstop Canopy: Launching Cabrinha into the future of kitesurf technology this new and exclusive material allows for improved stability and reactivity, developed with a unique new coating and treatment doubling the canopy's tear strength, for a kite that is not only more durable and delivers a higher level of performance, but remains crispier for much longer and has significantly reduced elongation over time
- High Tenacity Dacron: Specifically manufactured by Cabrinha for inflatable kites, by developing the dacron using ultra-high tenacity yarns with an increased thread count, the design team have created a product that actively combats elongation particularly under the high pressures endured by a kitesurfing kite, resulting in a more accurate shape with less deformation than rival products
- Strategic canopy reinforcements in the high stress areas
- Pure Profile Panels: Providing Cabrinha's renowned stability, by strategically placing panels the design team have managed to double the aerodynamic profile for the foremost curvature control meaning the kite can fly much faster in the sky which in turn allows it to perform efficiently in a wider array of kiting disciplines!
- 1X Security: Upon activation of 1X’s single line flagging system the power of a kite is immediately killed and it will rest motionless on the water or land.
- Sprint System w/Airlock: The Sprint inflation systems is the most efficient and easy way to get your kite inflated and deflated quickly. The enlarged Airlock valve quickly feeds air into all of the struts from a single location. The Airlock connection to the Sprint pump requires no special adapters.
- Dynamic Arc: Dynamic arc allows the kite to have two distinct arc shapes, one shape while flying, and another shape while resting on the water for an easier relaunch.
- Power Control: Every Cabrinha kite comes with a simple, user adjustable way to choose the power level of the kite. Each rear line “pigtail” connector has three power positions you can connect to, allowing the rider to customize their ride.
- Onshore / Offshore: Customizable settings designed to optimize performance based on wind direction. Offshore facilitates better upwind ability which allows for easier cutbacks in offshore wind. Whilst the onshore setting provides for the maximum amount of “drift” as well as tighter turning.
- Slackline Drift: The ability to park itself and stay aloft longer when the lines go slack so you can focus entirely on riding the wave.
- Heavy Duty Closing Seam Construction
Orders received by 2PM Monday-Friday are normally despatched the same day. (Large items may take longer)
Next day delivery in the UK is charged at £9.95.
Standard delivery in the UK takes 3 - 5 working days and is free with orders over £80. For further information please view our Delivery & Returns Policy.
A date has not been selected for this lesson. If you would like to select a date, choose cancel and select from the calendar. Otherwise continue with the booking, and contact us on (01202) 738 448 at anytime in the future to select a date.