On all orders over £80
On all orders over £80
As light as a one strut, with the stability of three struts.
The Flite offers dynamic lightwind performance. An excellent companion for all riding styles and board types. Twin tips, directionals and foil boards, the Flite’s tight, snappy turns, big lofty jumps, forgiving kite loops and effortless water relaunch will get you on the water and riding before the rest. Regardless of size, the Flite offers riders an explosive, easy to work with kite designed to make you feel and ride like a hero, even in the faintest of winds. Tight, super snappy turns with big lofty jumps and forgiving kite-loops make the Flite truly the only high performance light wind kite on the market. Small sizes of Flite offer incredible freeride performance, not to mention big boosts, and are ideal foil boarding kites for light wind foil sessions!
If your predominately riding in ligh winds or riding foil boards, this is the kite for you, with its Wide Arc and large projected area enables the Flite to produce maximum power per square meter. Whilst the high aspect ratio produces greater lift and less drag for a kite that lifts you windward.
The Fixed Bridle with Floating V means a direct and snappy response and kites stabilizes the leading edge, allowing for more efficient profile as well as lifting the kite out of a loop, avoiding a stall for maximum climb. Lastly, the Sherpa Kite Bag comes standard with all Ocean Rodeo kites.
The Gen 7 Flite, truly the world’s only high performance light wind kite.
- Dimension Polyant K-PE Dacron: Dimension Polyant’s K-PE dacron utilizes PEN (polyethylene naphthalate) fibers in the warp direction. PEN has a higher modulus than polyester and these fabrics exhibit approximately 30 to 40% lower stretch than their polyester equivalents. This makes K-PE the ideal choice for kite dacron where low stretch is a top priority. K-PE fabrics are produced utilizing DP’s patented X-PLY technique assuring reliable performance and the highest quality lamination available on the market.
- Teijin Techno Force D2 Ripstop: Designed specifically for the kiteboarding market, Teijin’s Technoforce D2 Ripstop has high tear resistance, low stretch, and is incredibly light weight. Each Strand of yarn is individually coated before being woven together. A second surface coating is then applied to the material, providing long term endurance. Teijin D2 is the benchmark in quality with proven superiority in durability and dynamics.
- Challenge D2.9 RS Dacron: Designed specifically to combat the loads in an inflatable leading edge kite. This material has been shown to hold a kite’s shape better and longer than others by over 60%. We use warp oriented constructions using Ultra High tenacity yarns with an increased thread count to combat elongation in the warp direction under high inflation pressures. Lower elongation makes for a more accurate kite with less deformation while in flight
- Shape: A high aspect ratio to produce greater lift and while generating less drag for a kite that lifts you windward.
- Ratio: Creating a light wind performance kite is no easy task. The Flite contains a wide arc and large projected area to produce as much power per square meter as possible.
- 3 Strut Frame: This precision engineered wide 3 strut frame is constructed to get the most power out of every square inch possible for high velocity foil boarding and pure performance in light winds. Constructed with a custom blend two dacrons provides the a carefully crafted balance of tenacity and agility. The struts are made of KP-E dacron providing incredible strength, durability, and rigidity; While the leading edge is made from Teijin dacron in order to reduce the overall weight without sacrificing its moxie.
- Bridles: A fixed short line bridle with a floating V design and a two pulley system creates direct and snappy response while also keeping bar pressure low. New to this generation are larks head loops on front bridles, and knots on the back lines making for an innovative system that stabilizes the leading edge. This allows the Flite to lift out of a loop and avoiding a stall for maximum climb
- Precision Curve Struts: Hold the designed foil shape delivering the desired performance through the wind range
- Armortex Abrasion Guard: Ultra-light, non fraying, and abrasion resistant, these Kevlar/ nylon blend scuff protection pads deliver a streamlined no snag profile throughout the kite
- Ultralite Construction: We use a blend of state of the art fabrics and components in order to bring to you the lightest and toughest kites we’ve ever made. Using custom blended UV film in our strut and leading edge bladders allows us to double down on light weight with outstanding durability
- Speed Inflation System: Get on the water faster with the speed inflation system. Strut to leading edge connector tubes feature easy to use quick clamps for added security while riding. Featuring all new EVA Clamp covers. See if your clip is open or shut. Light and easy to operate
- High Capacity Valve: Direct hose to valve connection for simple operation. Wide threaded cap is easy to tighten and even easier to unscrew eliminating the jammed valve cap syndrome. Cap is leashed to the kite, and the valve cover has been re-shaped for smooth no snag fit
- Trim Equalizer: Keeps line lengths equal when fine-tuning kite turning speed
- Buck Stitching: This three-stage zig-zag stitch distributes seam load creating a tear-resistant, long-lasting seam.
- Abrasion Guard: Ultra-light and abrasion-resistant. The Kevlar scuff protection is also low profile, delivering a streamlined no snag profile throughout the kite.
- Variable Line Length: Tailor your kite’s performance to match your riding style and launch conditions.
- Load Distribution: Using strategic seam placement and pathways to enhance a kite’s performance and durability
- Easy Access Bladder Port: Zip entry access to bladders is neatly finished delivering a super clean entry into the leading edge compartment
- Secure Connect: Molded beads on the back line leaders deliver a secure larks head connection every time
- Secure Pump Leash Loop: Easy to locate and perfectly balanced to hold your kite in place while you pump
Orders received by 2PM Monday-Friday are normally despatched the same day. (Large items may take longer)
Next day delivery in the UK is charged at £6.95.
Standard delivery in the UK takes 3 - 5 working days and is free with orders over £80. For further information please view our Delivery & Returns Policy.