On all orders over £80
Pay in monthly installments
order by 2pm
A revolution in kite design that wil change the kitesurfing industry a material with zero stretch or distortion!
The Roam featuring Aluula is simply a dream come true for freeride foilers and committed wave riders.
Ground-breaking new Aluula composite material which weighs in at just 82 grams per square meter (78g/m² lighter than traditional Dacron), the material is 100% UV stable and virtually unrippable. This 3-strut kite with an ultra-light and strong Aluula air frame allows for precise sheeting control, snappy turns and on-demand kite positioning in light winds. And should the wind pick up, the stiffness of the airframe means that the kite’s stability and precision control is retained.
- Aluula: An all-new series of kites built with the Aluula BLACK material, which features a graphene-enhanced composite that weighs just 82gsm (grams per square meter). To compare, traditional Dacron that weighs around 150gsm. UV stable and virtually unrippable, the Aluula BLACK composite can also withstand higher inflation pressures. Alongside this, the Aluula bladder technology brings additional weight savings and performance gains: Aluula film weighs in at only 42gsm, compared to PU films that are traditionally in the 100gsm range. Inflated to a standard pressure of 8psi, the Aluula air frame is 50% stiffer than current Dacron/PU bladder air frames, with 20x more resilience to tearing against standard Dacron, and yet half the weight. The resulting stiffness combined with the extreme light weight delivered by Aluula transforms inflatable kites into precision control wings unlike anything we have experienced during our 20 years of kite design.
With no need to reduce struts, a 3-strut Aluula frame kite becomes lighter than leading no-strut kites, and, with flex designed into the air frame, these ultra light 3-strut kites perform through the entire wind range, delivering new levels of performance for jumping, drifting, turning, and water relaunch. Aluula is so much more than light wind performance! The low stretch, quick flex properties of the Aluula Air Frame resits distortion signifcantly more than traditional Dacron air frames in over powered situations, delivering improved control when reaching the top end of the wind range. Voted Best Product of the soft equipment category at this Years ISPO.
- Shape: Built for the dedicated wave rider with a moderate arc makes the roam a fast turning kite combined with a large sheeting range
- Ratio: A low aspect ratio design and deep foil profile allow for maximum drift and low end power.
- 3 Strut Frame: The Roam’s 3 strut “boxy” frame results in its big lifting wingtips allowing the kite to effortlessly drift down the line while maintaining positive steering with tight pivot turns for ultra fast changes of direction. The entire frame is built with tested and proven KP-E dacron providing incredible strength, durability, and rigidity. Where our competition choose to reinforce their closing seams with only mark cloth, we use more KP-E because we believe reinforcement materials should be at least as strong as its base.
- Bridles: A fixed short line bridle with a floating V design and a two pulley system creates direct and snappy response while also keeping bar pressure low. New to this generation are larks head loops on front bridles, and knots on the back lines making for an innovative system that stabilizes the leading edge. This allows the Roam to lift out of a loop and avoiding a stall for maximum climb
- Precision Curve Struts: Hold the designed foil shape delivering the desired performance through the wind range
- Armortex Abrasion Guard: Ultra-light, non fraying, and abrasion resistant, these Kevlar/ nylon blend scuff protection pads deliver a streamlined no snag profile throughout the kite
- Ultralite Construction: We use a blend of state of the art fabrics and components in order to bring to you the lightest and toughest kites we’ve ever made. Using custom blended UV film in our strut and leading edge bladders allows us to double down on light weight with outstanding durability
- Ridge Seam: Designed specifically for the Aluula composite material and increases seam strength by over 40% compared to traditional stitching methods.
- Speed Inflation System: Get on the water faster with the speed inflation system. Strut to leading edge connector tubes feature easy to use quick clamps for added security while riding. Featuring all new EVA Clamp covers. See if your clip is open or shut. Light and easy to operate
- High Capacity Valve: Direct hose to valve connection for simple operation. Wide threaded cap is easy to tighten and even easier to unscrew eliminating the jammed valve cap syndrome. Cap is leashed to the kite, and the valve cover has been re-shaped for smooth no snag fit
- Trim Equalizer: Keeps line lengths equal when fine-tuning kite turning speed
- Buck Stitching: This three-stage zig-zag stitch distributes seam load creating a tear-resistant, long-lasting seam.
- Abrasion Guard: Ultra-light and abrasion-resistant. The Kevlar scuff protection is also low profile, delivering a streamlined no snag profile throughout the kite.
- Variable Line Length: Tailor your kite’s performance to match your riding style and launch conditions.
- Load Distribution: Using strategic seam placement and pathways to enhance a kite’s performance and durability
- Easy Access Bladder Port: Zip entry access to bladders is neatly finished delivering a super clean entry into the leading edge compartment
- Secure Connect: Molded beads on the back line leaders deliver a secure larks head connection every time
- Secure Pump Leash Loop: Easy to locate and perfectly balanced to hold your kite in place while you pump
Orders received by 2PM Monday-Friday are normally despatched the same day. (Large items may take longer)
Next day delivery in the UK is charged at £6.95.
Standard delivery in the UK takes 3 - 5 working days and is free with orders over £80. For further information please view our Delivery & Returns Policy.