Using a carefully selected mix of Dacron and ripstop, Ocean Rodeo have created a super light yet rugged 3-strut air frame!
Although the Roam’s design remains familiar in Gen 3, the kite’s flying weight has been greatly reduced (weighing-in lighter than most single strut kites), improving its performance not just in light wind, but in all wind conditions. The thick LE tube with powerful wing tips along with the use of KP-E DACRON and Teijin double ripstop, provide you the ability to perform those session saving rapid water relaunch. The kite’s intuitive feel and ultra short bridle ensure zero complications when at sea. The ultra light weight and deep foil profile in combination with a moderate arc provide for sharp, responsive turns, maximum drift, and the low-end hover sought out when freeride foiling, or drifting down-the-line on your surfboard.
With the Roam Gen 3, there is no longer a need to compromise on stability and wind range in favour of no struts.
- Dimension Polyant K-PE Dacron: Dimension Polyant’s K-PE dacron utilizes PEN (polyethylene naphthalate) fibers in the warp direction. PEN has a higher modulus than polyester and these fabrics exhibit approximately 30 to 40% lower stretch than their polyester equivalents. This makes K-PE the ideal choice for kite dacron where low stretch is a top priority. K-PE fabrics are produced utilizing DP’s patented X-PLY technique assuring reliable performance and the highest quality lamination available on the market.
- Teijin Techno Force D2 Ripstop: Designed specifically for the kiteboarding market, Teijin’s Technoforce D2 Ripstop has high tear resistance, low stretch, and is incredibly light weight. Each Strand of yarn is individually coated before being woven together. A second surface coating is then applied to the material, providing long term endurance. Teijin D2 is the benchmark in quality with proven superiority in durability and dynamics.
- Shape: Built for the dedicated wave rider with a moderate arc makes the roam a fast turning kite combined with a large sheeting range
- Ratio: A low aspect ratio design and deep foil profile allow for maximum drift and low end power.
- 3 Strut Frame: The Roam’s 3 strut “boxy” frame results in its big lifting wingtips allowing the kite to effortlessly drift down the line while maintaining positive steering with tight pivot turns for ultra fast changes of direction. The entire frame is built with tested and proven KP-E dacron providing incredible strength, durability, and rigidity. Where our competition choose to reinforce their closing seams with only mark cloth, we use more KP-E because we believe reinforcement materials should be at least as strong as its base.
- Bridles: A fixed short line bridle with a floating V design and a two pulley system creates direct and snappy response while also keeping bar pressure low. New to this generation are larks head loops on front bridles, and knots on the back lines making for an innovative system that stabilizes the leading edge. This allows the Roam to lift out of a loop and avoiding a stall for maximum climb
- Precision Curve Struts: Hold the designed foil shape delivering the desired performance through the wind range
- Armortex Abrasion Guard: Ultra-light, non fraying, and abrasion resistant, these Kevlar/ nylon blend scuff protection pads deliver a streamlined no snag profile throughout the kite
- Ultralite Construction: We use a blend of state of the art fabrics and components in order to bring to you the lightest and toughest kites we’ve ever made. Using custom blended UV film in our strut and leading edge bladders allows us to double down on light weight with outstanding durability
- Speed Inflation System: Get on the water faster with the speed inflation system. Strut to leading edge connector tubes feature easy to use quick clamps for added security while riding. Featuring all new EVA Clamp covers. See if your clip is open or shut. Light and easy to operate
- High Capacity Valve: Direct hose to valve connection for simple operation. Wide threaded cap is easy to tighten and even easier to unscrew eliminating the jammed valve cap syndrome. Cap is leashed to the kite, and the valve cover has been re-shaped for smooth no snag fit
- Trim Equalizer: Keeps line lengths equal when fine-tuning kite turning speed
- Buck Stitching: This three-stage zig-zag stitch distributes seam load creating a tear-resistant, long-lasting seam.
- Abrasion Guard: Ultra-light and abrasion-resistant. The Kevlar scuff protection is also low profile, delivering a streamlined no snag profile throughout the kite.
- Variable Line Length: Tailor your kite’s performance to match your riding style and launch conditions.
- Load Distribution: Using strategic seam placement and pathways to enhance a kite’s performance and durability
- Easy Access Bladder Port: Zip entry access to bladders is neatly finished delivering a super clean entry into the leading edge compartment
- Secure Connect: Molded beads on the back line leaders deliver a secure larks head connection every time
- Secure Pump Leash Loop: Easy to locate and perfectly balanced to hold your kite in place while you pump
Orders received by 2PM Monday-Friday are normally despatched the same day. (Large items may take longer)
Next day delivery in the UK is charged at £6.95.
Standard delivery in the UK takes 3 - 5 working days and is free with orders over £80. For further information please view our Delivery & Returns Policy.