After more than 2 years of development and 30 different prototypes Shinn have finally released their full carbon hydrofoils!
Introduced last year the K2 foil introduced new levels of stability and control in a foil that was fast, easy to use and incredibly pitch stable. For this season Shinn have raised the bar once again by offering this foil with an all new Carbon composite mast. Not happy to simply produce a "black" foil Shinn Kiteboarding needed every to work in perfect harmony, carbon foils offer so much more stiffness (at a lighter weight) than their aluminium counterparts. During foiling the rider is up to 1 metre above the foil, it’s long distance control, 1cm of flex at wing level is magnified by a factor of X to where you stand – imagine trying to push a button with a 1m long flexible stick or driving a car with flat tyres, each control input you make is magnified and delayed causing instability and even the most talented riders to wobble. If your serious about foiling and want to raise your game to the next level carbon is the only way forwards.
Ride further and faster without extreme front foot pressure, agility with stability and a fast track to a more advanced foiling level. With a similar rake and surface area to the model K the secret to this foil is in the combination of the 2-stage anhedral front wing and high aspect, wingletted stabiliser perfectly balancing the foil through a range of speeds. Built using proprietary hi-modulus, multi-axial carbon sandwich construction and featuring an innovative new Hollow-Tech integrated mounting plate with fast mount slide on/off fasteners. This foil uses a dedicated fuselage but is compatible with all existing Shinn wings and stabilisers.
People often ask us at S2AS if it makes sense to have a carbon foil mast and our answer is always "unless you want to spend the money don’t test one as once you try one you will never go back!"
- Revolutionary Freeride Foil: Designed for riders wanting to take their foiling to the next level – quickly.
- Hi-Modulus Carbon Wings: Medium/high aspect wing - 866 cm 2 with winglet Stabiliser - 280cm2
- ST3W Carbon Stabiliser with yaw control winglets
- Versatile Speed range: Take off around 12 kph with top speeds >55 kph
- Multiple Mast Lengths: Available with 60cm, 75cm, 90cm and 110cm
- Hollow-Tech Mounting plate: This integrated plate Increases rigidity and decreases weight
- Multi-axial, multi layered, hi-modulus carbon construction: Increased speed, increased stiffness and increased control
- Compatible and Easy: Fast and easy foil attachment to any board (165 x 90 bolt spacings) with either M6 or M8 hardware
- H4Modular Design: Fuselage compatibility with all other Shinn wings and stabilisers
Orders received by 2PM Monday-Friday are normally despatched the same day. (Large items may take longer)
Next day delivery in the UK is charged at £6.95.
Standard delivery in the UK takes 3 - 5 working days and is free with orders over £80. For further information please view our Delivery & Returns Policy.